Mera Peak (6,461m) is the highest trekking peak in Nepal. Mera Peak climbing is an excellent option for anyone with moderate mountaineering experience. It is a challenging trekking peak due to its elevation, but the technical mountaineering skills requirement is very basic. Starting from Lukla, the trail passes through numerous quaint villages and offers majestic views of five 8,000m high mountains like Everest, Lhotse, Cho Oyu, Makalu and Kanchenjunga from the summit. It is a diverse adventure trip which gives an opportunity to explore the Himalayan nature, culture, tradition and life style of mountain people.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,400m)
Upon arrival in Kathmandu, meet and greet at the international airport and transfer to hotel. Short briefing of trip. Check in to hotel and rest for Refreshment. Overnight at hotel, Kathmandu.
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing Tour – B
After breakfast, pick up from hotel and head towards the Kathmandu sightseeing tour especially UNESCO world cultural heritage sites which includes Pashupatinath Temple, Boudhanath Stupa, Swoyambhunath Stupa, Kathmandu Durbar Square and Patan Durbar Square for the experience of beautiful fusion of religion, culture and history. These heritage monuments reflect centuries old culture, arts and architecture of Nepal which are medieval charms of Malla Dynasty. After tour, drop off to hotel and make a preparation for Mera Peak climbing including all the trekking permits and equipment. Overnight at hotel, Kathmandu.
Day 03: Fly Kathmandu – Lukla (2,800m, 30min) – Trek to Paiya (2,730m) – B/L/D
After breakfast, pick up from hotel and transfer to domestic Airport terminal for the flight to Lukla which is about 30 minutes long and scenic that goes above the beautiful green and White Mountains. After landing in Lukla airport, meet and greet with the rest of the crew members. After that, the trek heads north to Paiya (2,730m). It is an easy 3-4 hour hiking. Overnight at Tea house, Paiya.
Day 04: Paiya – Trek to Panguam (2,850m, 05-06 hrs) – B/L/D
After breakfast, start the trek to Panguam which will be around 6 hours long. This is a beautiful village inhabited by hilly people of different ethnicity. Overnight at Tea house, Panguam.
Day 05: Panguam – Trek to Nagindingma (2,650m, 04-05 hrs) – B/L/D
After breakfast, start the trek to Nagindinma. The trek is gently downhill to a village, inhabited by hilly Mongol people. It will be around four to five hours long. After reaching Nagindingma, rest for a while and then explore the vicinity. Overnight at Tea house, Nagindingma.
Day 06: Nagindingma – Trek to Cholem Kharka (3,350m, 07-08 hrs) – B/L/D
After breakfast, start the trek to Cholem Kharka. The trek is uphill over the rocky trial. The trek today is challenging and exhausting, as it is around 07-08 hours long. Overnight at Tea house, Cholem Kharka.
Day 07: Cholem Kharka – Trek to Khola Kharka (3,930m, 06-07 hrs) – B/L/D
After breakfast, start the trek to Khola Kharka. The trek is uphill through the rocky trial and then along the bank of dwindling rivers, through green meadows and enchanting forests. Overnight at Tea house, Khola Kharka.
Day 08: Khola Kharka – Trek to Kothe (4,180m, 06-07 hrs) – B/L/D
After breakfast, start the trek to Kothe for about 06-07 hours. It is a small beautiful village of mountain people which offers beautiful view of the Himalayas. Overnight at Tea house, Kothe.
Day 09: Kothe – Trek to Thaknak (4,350m, 03-04 hrs) – B/L/D
After breakfast, start the trek to Thaknak. The trek is gradual uphill for at least three to four hours and reaches Thaknak. It is a beautiful village which provides a beautiful view of the giant snowy peaks. Overnight at Tea house, Thaknak.
Day 10: Thaknak – Trek to Khare (5,045m, 03 hrs) – B/L/D
After breakfast, start the trek to Khare for about 03 hours. Overnight at Tea house, Khare.
Day 11: Rest and acclimatization in Khare – B/L/D
This is a rest day for acclimatization to high altitude climate. Explore and experience the Himalayan nature, culture, tradition and life style of local people by interacting with them. Overnight at Tea house, Khare.
Day 12: Khare – Trek to Mera Base Camp (5,300m, 04hrs) – B/L/D
After breakfast, start the trek to Mera Base Camp for about 04 hours and enjoy closer view of the Mera Peak. Set up the camp and overnight at Tented camp, Mera Base Camp.
Day 13: Mera Base Camp – Climb Up to High Camp (5,780m, 05 hrs) – B/L/D
After breakfast, start the climbing uphill through the snowy and rocky trial for around five hours which offers better view of the Mera peak and other mountains. Set up the camp and prepare for the summit. Overnight at Tented camp, High camp.
Day 14: Mera high camp – Summit (6,461m) and back to Khare (08-09 hrs) – B/L/D
This is the main highlight of this trip. Climb up the summit. The feeling of reaching on the top is very rewarding and satisfying. After spending some time in the peak by observing the view and taking pictures, descend down to base camp and then Khare. Overnight at Tea house, Khare.
Day 15: Khare – Trek to Kothe (05 hrs) – B/L/D
After breakfast, start the trek down back to Kothe. The trek descends downhill leaving the mountains in backdrop. Overnight at Tea house, Kothe.
Day 16: Kothe – Trek to Chetwarwa (3,580m, 06-07hrs) – B/L/D
After breakfast, start the trek down back to Chetarwa. Explore the local vicinity and enjoy the life of rural people. Overnight at Tea house, Chetwarwa.
Day 17: Chetwarwa – Trek to Lukla (2,800m, 06-07 hrs) – B/L/D
After breakfast, start the trek down back to Lukla; the economic hub of Everest region. Overnight at Tea house and enjoy the last night in mountain, Lukla.
Day 18: Fly back to Kathmandu – B/D
Early in the morning, after breakfast fly back to Kathmandu. Upon arrival in Kathmandu, transfer to hotel. Check in to hotel and rest for refreshment. Enjoy the free time by shopping at souvenir shops or hanging around Thamel (Tourist hub city). In the evening, Farewell dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with cultural dance performance. Overnight at hotel, Kathmandu.
Note: Please note that flights from Lukla are sometimes delayed or cancelled due to bad weather conditions such as fog-bounds Kathmandu or stormy wind in Lukla. Be reassured that our staffs in Lukla and Kathmandu will be doing everything possible to minimize the inconvenience and your patience is anticipated.
Day 16: Departure Day – B
Leisure until departure. Transfer to International airport to board the flight.
1. Pick up and drop off service from Airport and Hotel by private vehicle.
2. Welcome drinks (non-alcoholic) and farewell dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with a cultural dance show.
3. All accommodation in 3-star category hotels on bed and breakfast basis in Kathmandu whilst Tea House accommodation on full board basis (all meals) during the trek and Tented camp during the climbing.
4. Sightseeing in Kathmandu with private vehicle and Tour guide.
5. All Heritage monuments entrance fees.
6. Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu round transportation by Domestic flight.
7. All the necessary trekking permit fees (National Park + TIMS), peak climbing fees, official service charges, government and local taxes.
8. Highly experienced, friendly, government license holder guide and porter with salary, accommodation, food, transportation and insurance.
9. Sleeping bag, down jacket, duffel bag, trekking poles and climbing eqipments(camping tent, climbing rope) (to be returned after the completion of trekking).
10. Medical supplies (First aid kit carried by Trekking leader).
11. Arrangement of helicopter service (for the rescue of emergency situation), which will be paid by Travel insurance company.
1. Nepalese visa fee.
2. International airfare.
3. Trekking, medical and travel insurance (Compulsory).
4. Lunches and Dinners not mentioned above.
5. All personal expenses(phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, hot shower etc).
6. All the alcoholic and non-alcoholic hot and cold drinks.
7. Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu, Lukla and Tea house early arrival or late departure,early return or late return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
8. Tips for the guide, porter and driver (tips is expected).