Langtang Valley Trek is the best trip to explore the exotic mountain nature, culture, tradition and life style of indigenous people in Langtang region considering an ultimate destination, Langtang Valley. The Langtang Valley lies in the north of Kathmandu which is closer than other trekking regions and also less spoilt trekking trail in Nepal. It is the hot spot to have the spectacular views of snow capped mountains such as Langtang Lirung (7,246 m) lies in the north, Gang Chhenpo (6,388 m) and Naya Kanga Ri (5,846 m) lies in the south and Dorje Lakpa (6,966 m) in the East of the Langtang Valley and giant waterfalls. The Langtang region is also famous for the natural beauty including the lakes Gosaikunda,Parvatikunda, Bhairavkunda and Dudhkunda in the high altitudes of the mountains. The people living in the peaceful and beautiful valley are Tibetan descendent Nepalese and Tamangs following the Tibetan lifestyle with rich craftsmanship. It also provides an opportunity to experience the lifestyle and the culture of these indigenous people of this region.
Langtang valley trek starts from Kathmandu visiting UNESCO world cultural heritage sites, next drive to Syabru Beshi for 6-7 hours, then trek to Langtang village for the excursion of cultural beauty of Tamang ethnic group and then reaches the famous Kyanjing Gompa, an ultimate destination for the breathtaking panoramic views of himalays found in Langtang region, then after ends back to Kathmandu. This trail was important trade route between Nepal and Tibet. The villagers and peoples are still using this trail for trade. The trail passes through Langtang National Park that enhances the beauty of the region and the trek itself. This Langtang valley trek is one of the most diverse treks with the variations of subtropical plants to alpine plants holding the habitat for wild animals and birds such as such as red pandas, black beer, white monkeys, musk deer, Pika and the national bird of Nepal, the colorful Lophophorous (Danphe).
Thus, the Langtang Valley Trek is the perfect pleasant trek to experience the exotic natural and cultural adventures of Langtang region in Nepal.
Go to Detailed Itinerary
Day 01 : Arrival in Kathmandu
Upon arrival in Kathmandu, meet and greet at the international airport and transfer to hotel. Short briefing of trip. Check in to hotel and rest for refreshment. Overnight at hotel, Kathmandu.
Day 02 : Kathmandu Valley Cultural Tour – B
After breakfast, pick up from hotel and head towards Kathmandu sightseeing tour especially UNESCO world cultural heritage sites which includes Pashupatinath Temple, Boudhanath Stupa, Swoyambhunath Stupa, Kathmandu Durbar Square and Patan Durbar Square for the experience of beautiful fusion of religion, culture and history. These heritage monuments reflect centuries old culture, arts and architecture of Nepal which are unique in world. After tour, drop off to hotel and make a preparation for Langtang Valley Trekking including all trekking permits and equipments. Overnight at hotel, Kathmandu.
Day 03 : Drive Kathmandu – Syabru Beshi (1,417m, 07-08 hrs) – B/L/D
After breakfast, pick up from hotel and drive to Syabru Beshi for about 07-08 hrs through the scenic foothills and ridgeline vistas. Overnight at Guest house, Syabru Beshi.
Day 04 : Syabru Beshi – Trek to Lama Hotel (2,470m, 06-07 hrs) – B/L/D
After breakfast, start the first day of the trek to Lama Hotel. It is the easiest part of the trek. The trek gently ascends up Lama Hotel through forest. En route, there might be encounter with Red Panda and Black Beer. Overnight at Tea house, Lama Hotel.
Day 05 : Lama Hotel – Trek to Langtang Village (3,430m, 06-07 hrs) – B/L/D
After breakfast, start the trek to Langtang Village. The trek passes through the dense forest. During the Trek, glimpse of Langtang Lirung Peak, white monkeys and birds can be seen. Overnight at Tea house, Langtang Village.
Day 06 : Langtang Village – Trek to Kyanjing Gompa (3,870m, 03 hrs) – B/L/D
After breakfast, start the trek to Kyanjing Gompa.The trail ascends up gradually through small villages and yak pastures which provides excellent panoramic view of Langtang Lirung, Genjempol, Ganjala and Naya Kenga Himal ranges. Overnight at Tea house, Kyanjing Gompa.
Day 07 : Rest & Excursion day around Kyanjing Gompa – B/L/D
After breakfast, proceed to the excursion of Kyanjing Gompa and its surroundings. Visit around 400 years old Monastery and Yak Cheese Factory. Ascend up Kyanjing Ri (4,350 m) to see the spectacular ice faces and tumbling glaciers of Langtang Lirung or hike up to Tsergo Ri (4,984m) for a breath-taking panoramic view of the Langtang peak, and then down back to Kyanjing Gompa. Overnight at Tea house, Kyanjing Gompa.
Day 08 : Kyanjing Gompa – Trek to Lama Hotel – B/L/D
After breakfast, start the trek back to Lama Hotel retracing the same trail that follows steep descent. Overnight at Teat house, Lama Hotel.
Day 09 : Lama Hotel – Trek to Syabru Beshi – B/L/D
After breakfast, start the trek back to Syabru Beshi. Overnight at Lodge, Syabru Beshi.
Day 10 : Drive Syabru Beshi – Kathmandu – B/D
After breakfast, drive back to Kathmandu retracing the same path. After reaching Kathmandu, transfer to Hotel. Check in to hotel and rest for refreshment. Enjoy the free time by shopping at souvenir shops or hanging around Thamel (tourism hub city). In the evening, farewell dinner in a typical Neapli restaurant with authentic nepali cuisine and cultural dance performance. Overnight at hotel, Kathmandu.
Day 11 : Departure – B
Leisure until departure. Transfer to International airport to board the flight.
1. Airport pick up and drop off service by private vehicle.
2. Welcome drinks (non-alcoholic) and farewell dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with authentic nepali cuisine and cultural dance show.
3. All accommodation in 3-star category hotels on B/B plan in Kathmandu whilst Tea House accommodation on full board basis (all meals) during the trek.
4. Sightseeing in Kathmandu with private vehicle and local Tour guide.
5. All sightseeing heritage monuments entrance fees.
6. Kathmandu – Syabru Beshi overland round transportation by Public Bus.
7. All the necessary permit charges for trekking (National Park+TIMS), official service charges, government and local taxes.
8. Highly experienced, friendly, government license holder guide and porter with salary, accommodation, food, transportation and insurance.
9. Sleeping bag, down jacket, duffel bag and trekking poles (to be returned after the completion of trekking).
10. Medical supplies (First aid kit) carried by Trekking leader.
11. Arrangement of helicopter service for the rescue of emergency situation which will be paid by your travel insurance company.
1. Nepalese visa fee.
2. International airfare.
3. Trekking, medical and travel insurance (Compulsory).
4. Lunches and Dinners not mentioned above.
5. All personal expenses (phone calls, laundary, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc.)
6. All the alcoholic and non-alcoholic hot and cold drinks.
7. Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu, early arrival or late departure,early return or late return from mountain due to any reason than the scheduled itinerary.
8. Tips for the guide, porter and driver (tips is expected).